The Nauryz Meetings are an annual traditional event held by ‘Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools’ Autonomous Education Organization with the aim of developing research skills of comprehensive and Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools’ students, involving them in science and deepening their knowledge.
The Nauryz Meetings have been held since 2011 and have become a platform uniting schoolchildren having an interest in science and young inventors from all over the country. From 2011 to 2019 about 1,400 students from comprehensive and Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools took part in this event.
The Nauryz Meetings were held on the following topics:
2011 - The first Nauryz Meetings dedicated to the 20th anniversary of Independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan, ‘Mathematics and Physics’;
2012 - II Nauryz Meetings ‘Biology and Chemistry’;
2013 - III Nauryz Meetings ‘Information Technology’;
2014 - IV Nauryz Meetings ‘Engineering’;
2015 - V Nauryz Meetings ‘The Amazing World of Science’;
2016 - VI Nauryz Meetings dedicated to the 25th anniversary of Independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan, ‘Science. Technology. Engineering. Maths’;
2017 - VII Nauryz Meetings ‘Science without Borders’;
2018 - VIII Nauryz Meetings ‘Astana is the City of the Future: Architecture of the Capital, 20 years’;
2019 - IX Nauryz Meetings ‘Space. Science. Intellect” dedicated to the 10th anniversary of Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools.
Annually, within the framework of Nauryz Meetings the following events are organised:
- Popular science lectures by Kazakhstan and foreign scientists, which help students to gain theoretical knowledge in a particular field of science;
- Masterclasses for developing students’ practical skills;
- A competition of science projects designed by students in accordance with the theme of the event;
- Excursions to the cultural, historical and high-tech facilities of the city / country;
- Intellectual and entertaining games.
In different years, open lectures, master classes at the Nauryz Meetings were performed by such outstanding specialists and scientists in various fields of science as:
- Toktar Aubakirov, the first Kazakh astronaut, People's Hero of Kazakhstan, test pilot, professor, doctor of technical sciences;
- Talgat Mussabayev, the first astronaut of the sovereign Republic of Kazakhstan who flew into space three times, National Hero of Kazakhstan, General-Lieutenant of Aviation of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Engineering, Deputy of Senate of the Parliament of Kazakhstan;
- Aydin Aimbetov, the astronaut of the Republic of Kazakhstan, National Hero of Kazakhstan, Deputy Chairman of the Board – Member of the Board on production at NC Kazakhstan Gharysh Sapary JSC;
- Michael Lutomski, world space expert for system safety, risk and reliability at NASA and Space Exploration Technology (SpaceX), the USA;
- Praveen Prathapan, NASA Research Scientist, Great Britain;
- Bolat Kuspangaliev, Director of the Institute of Architecture and Construction of the Satpayev University, academician of MAASW, Honorary Architect of Kazakhstan, laureate of “Altyn Adam” award, professor, doctor of architecture, academician;
- Sagyndyk Dzhambulatov, chief designer of the Department of Architecture and Urban Planning of Astana, ‘Honorary Architect’ of Kazakhstan;
- Saken Narynov, architect, futurist, inventor, professor of Kazakh Head Architectural and Construction Academy, author of sculptures and installations, and the exhibition ‘Mathematics in Art’;
- Sergio Ferrandi, chief architect of the Italian agency "Sergio Ferrandi Bureau", Italy;
- Anatoly Gin, Chairman of TRIZ-profi, Russia;
- David Porter, Ph.D, PGCE, Royal Institute, Great Britain;
- Sergey Varlamov, Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics, lecturer at the Specialized Education-Research Center named after A.N. Kolmogorov under the Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov;
- Nasyr Burtebaev, doctor of physics and mathematics, deputy director of the Institute of Nuclear Physics of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Yerzhan Syrgaliev, Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics, Director of the Development Department of the National Center for Biotechnology and many others.